Windows 10 is the feature-packed operating system that is used by millions of users all over the world. With the features included in this operating system, the users can customize their computer system as per their preferences. Most of us have been using Windows 10 on our PC for a while now, and with that, we are pretty familiar with most of the features of this operating system. But, that doesn’t mean that we know everything about all the functionalities. There are some features or tricks and tips in Windows 10 that many users might not have discovered yet. And to provide you with this information, we are here with this article. The following article aims to provide you with the tips, tricks, and hidden features that you can use on your Windows 10 computer. These hidden features will enhance your computing experience even more.
So, if you want to explore these hidden features, tips and tricks of the Windows 10 operating system, you will have to read this complete report. Please have a look at the below-mentioned description of the Windows 10 hidden features, tips and tricks.
- The Ability to Customise the Start Menu
With Windows 10 operating system, the users can customize the Start Menu on their computer system. Windows 10 includes an all-new Start menu on which you can see the live tiles. And along with this, the users can also group the apps according to different categories. By default, you can see a lot of apps in the Start menu live tiles section. If you want, you can replace the apps with the programs that you use daily. With discussing this much, now let’s see how you can customize the Windows10 Start menu:
How to rename sections in Start Menu
- To rename the sections, first of all, open the Start Menu on your Windows 10 PC.
- And now, you will have to right-click on the section name and type in the new name that you would like to assign.
- And after this, click on any blank area. And now, the changes will be applied.
Resizing the Live Tiles
- If you want to resize the live tiles on your Windows 10 Start menu, then, at first, open the Start Menu.
- Now, right-click on the live tile that you want to resize and navigate to the resize section.
- Choose and click on any of the resize options that you are going to apply. And that’s all.
- Dark Mode on Windows 10
Now, the feature of dark mode has become common among users. This feature helps the users to reduce eye strain, and it also improves the user experience. If you want to enable the dark mode in Windows 10, then please follow these steps:
- Go through the “Settings” on your computer system.
- And then, on the Settings screen, click on the “Personalisation” option and select “Colours.”
- After this, you will reach the “Choose Your Colour” section. Here, click on the option of “Dark” to enable the dark mode on your computer system.
- The Ability to Get Rid of the Start Menu Ads
You might have seen the apps’ suggestions on the Windows Start menu. This can be annoying. But, you know, you can easily disable those ads by following these steps:
- For this, firstly, you will have to open the “Settings” on your computer system.
- On the Settings screen, click on the option of “Personalisation.”
- And next, select the “Start” option. And there, you can disable the ads by turning off the option of “Show Suggestion Occasionally in Start.”
- The Feature to Take the Screenshots
There are multiple ways to take screenshots on Windows 10. You can use the Snipping Tool for this purpose. Here’s how to use this tool to take screenshots on Windows 10:
- First of all, open the Snipping Tool from the Start menu.
- And now, you will be redirected to the next window. Here, select the option of “New” to start taking screenshots.
- You will have to drag your mouse cursor to the area you want to capture.
- After you are done capturing the screenshot, now save it to your desired location.
So, this was all about the hidden features of Windows 10 operating system. Go on and try out these features and tricks now. And to get more information and suggestions, please visit our website.